Known for its buzzing nightlife, iconic rice paddies, good food & amazing surf breaks.
A guide below of some of my top things to do, places to eat/drink, how to get around and also a list of things I plan to do on future layovers with posts to follow!
BALI TOP 10 MUST DO’S
Here is a list of my recommended top 10 things to do for your first trip to Bali !
- Hike Mt Batur for Sunrise
- Visit Ubud’s Monkey Forest
- Take some time out and enjoy the different Coffee & Tea at one of the many Coffee Plantations
- Visit Tanah Lot Temple – One of Bali’s most famous Landmarks
- Uluwatu – best known for the landmark clifftop temple
- Tegalalang Rice Terraces – If you have googled “Bali” you will have no doubt come across these stunning famous green hills.
- For the best sunset vibes, La Plancha in Seminyak is the place to be.
- Spend the day hopping through the beach clubs – Omnia is a must!
- Treat yourself to a pamper day complete with massages and flower baths !
- Take a trip out to the outer Islands – Gili T or Nusa Penida spring to mind.
A few places that I have added to my accommodation Bucketlist to tick off on future Trips!
- Aksari Villas
- Sal Secret Spot
- Theanna Eco Villa & Spa
- Bali Gypsy Villa
- DreamSea Uluwatu
- Le Pirate Beach Club
Shopping in Bali is legendary.
The WHOLE of Bali is covered in stalls, shops and street sellers(even on the beaches) so I can guarantee you will come home with some new treasures!
Think Homewares, Handcrafted Art Works, Trinkets and Treasures, Boho Chic, Designer Boutiques, knock off clothing and so much more!
The shopping caters for EVERYONE!
Places to Eat & Drink
Single Fin – One of my favourite spots!
Grab a drink, something to eat and sit overlooking the massive waves and hundreds of surfers… Just good vibes <3
Ku De Ta
Cocoon Beach Club
Take a Coffee Stop at one of the many Coffee Plantations
Old Mans – Canggu
La Plancha – “the place with all the colourful umbrellas & beanbags” & THE BEST SUNSETS <3
Or Just Simply Enjoy the Street Food!
3 FOODS YOU MUST TRY IN BALI
– Babi Guling (Suckling Pig) is easily the most widely known Balinese dish and tourists have even been known to come to Bali just to sample it.
– Mie Goreng also known as bakmi goreng, is a flavourful and spicy fried noodle dish common in Indonesia.
– Nasi Campur a mixed rice dish filled with multiple small dishes. This dish is simply a showcase of all the best kind of food you can find in Indonesia.
I cannot rate “WAYAN BALI TOURS” high enough.
You need to message him on Facebook, but trust me – he is the best !
He is extremely professional, and will go out of his way to make your trip amazing.
He even got me a slot in at the Dolphins when we were told it was fully booked!
I will always choose to use Wayan when I require a driver for any excursions or Airport Transfers etc in Bali now.
Pricing – Approx. $60NZ for a full day!
Just message him with what you would like to do and he will let you know the price 🙂
The “UBER” of SouthEast Asia.
Extremely similar (almost identical) app as Uber.
Download the APP and get riding in Bali.
Available almost everywhere ( I say “almost” as some of the local taxi drivers don’t seem to like being 2-3times the cost of the Grab Drivers)
What I love the most about GRAB is that there is a message feature and you can write to your driver about where exactly you are, how to spot you in a busy crowd or even write in english where you are going which translates to the local language! So helpful, and you have the ability to pay via your credit card or cash.
BALI BLOG POSTS
Click on the photos below to link through to more Bali Blog Posts!