Argentina – in particular Buenos Aires.
Known for its mouth watering steaks, silky red wine & spanish speaking tango dancing locals!
The city that barely sleeps gives you plenty of time to explore .
A guide below of some of my top things to do, places to eat/drink, how to get around and also a list of things I plan to do on future layovers with posts to follow!
BUENOS AIRES TOP 10 MUST DO’S
Here is a list of my recommended top 10 things to do for you first trip to Buenos Aires !
- Emerse yourself in the colourful neighbourhood of Caminito, La Boca.
- Get Lost amongst the dead at Recoleta Cemetery!
- Find some treasures at the San Telmo Markets
- Check out the designer fashion boutiques in Palermo
- Be Stunned at the beauty of Teatro Colon (even better – see a show!)
- Become a Gaucho for a day
- Have a cocktail at one of the prettiest rooftop bars in Argentina – Hotel Pulitzer.
- Take a tour up through the Palacio Barolo for 360degree views of the city.
- Explore the delta Tigre and take the boat tour to see how the locals live!
- Get some exercise in and do a Bike Tour of the City with BA Bikes.
Recommended Areas to Stay in Buenos Aires
Shopping in Buenos Aires
Places to Eat & Drink
5 FOODS YOU MUST TRY IN BUENOS AIRES
– Empanadas My Go-To for a quick easy food option. On almost every menu and come in lots of different flavours… Click here for Spanish to English version (the best I can)
– Dulce De Leche Thick Sickly Sweet Caramel Sauce used in almost every Argentinian Dessert!
You can even buy jars of it to bring home.
And you simply cannot visit Buenos Aires without trying the Argentinian Malbec!
You will bring home some bottles guaranteed (I do every time!)